- Teen filmmakers must be students grades 9-12
- High school teams must have a teacher or adult sponsor
- Films must be created and edited by you
- You are responsible for providing your own equipment or the school’s equipment to produce your film
- Films cannot exceed three minutes, excluding credits
- Films may be staged as a short play, commercial news broadcast talk show, music video, documentary, or any other creative narrative
- No PSAs, please
- Films must adhere to your school’s Student Code of Conduct
- Films may not use copyrighted materials from outside sources without proper citation and permission
- Films must include credits listing the people who contributed to the production
CALLING ALL TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS!
Submit a 3-minute film to elevate your voice and help adults understand the issues and pressures teens really face.
The prompt for your films is: Mental Health and Sex Ed—what’s the connection?
Wondering what to do with that idea? Think about…
• How the things you learn in sex-ed affect your mental health.
• Or perhaps how not receiving any sex-ed affects your mental health?
Mark your calendars—the submission deadline is March 22, 2024. Our panel of judges will carefully evaluate each entry, and the most outstanding films will be featured at the April 2024 event.
Don’t miss your chance to win cash prizes! Healthy Futures of Texas will be awarding 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
download, print, and share the film contest flyer here.VIEW
Last year’s films
Explore captivating examples of student-made films from last year’s Film Contest. Click below to be inspired.
Want more information?
Provide your details and be among the first to receive updates on the 9th Annual HFTX Student Film Contest.