click on the zip code to explore the data and find out more.
This data visualization uses data from the 2020 census to show teen birth rates at the zip code level.
- Rates are shown per 1,000 girls aged 15-19. For example, a rate of 30 per 1,000 means that 3% of teenage girls give birth that year.
- If there were fewer than 10 teen births in a zip code, data are hidden for that year to protect privacy.
- Birth counts provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Population data come from the 2020 Decennial Census.
- Analysis performed by Healthy Futures of Texas.